The operators of this Chosen Bun site, CB Ventures (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is CB Ventures Limited of Courtyard, Chapel Lane, Bodicote, Banbury OX15 4DB.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://stagkzcnz8.nimpr.uk (our site) or in store or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site (or to join the Chosenclub), subscribe to our service, search for a product, place (or pay for) an order on our site, in store or over the phone, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions (on our site or any platform operated by us or on our behalf), enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph or any other category of information relevant to the experience you choose to have with us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of your journey to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; other technical information relating to your browser and device.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
POS TRANSACTION DATA COLLECTED FOR ANALYTICS PURPOSES ONLY.
When you use a credit or debit payment card (“payment card”) in one of our restaurants or via our site, certain guest Point-of-Sale (“POS”) transaction data are gathered and may be transferred to and stored by us and a third party marketing data analytics company approved by us and acting under our direction for purposes of providing analytics to us, such as frequency of visits, etc. This information may include your name and last 4 digits of your payment card number. Additional demographic information, such as your gender and address, may be obtained from third party information services companies. This POS transaction data and any appended demographic information (collectively, “POS Transaction Data”) may be used to deliver marketing that we think may be of interest to you. It is not used for personalized promotional offers unless you opt-in to receive these types of communications (see below for more information about these types of offers).
OPT-IN TO RECEIVE PERSONALIZED PROMOTIONAL OFFERS BASED ON GUEST PROVIDED AND POS TRANSACTION DATA.
You may be presented with opportunities to receive personalized promotional offers by SMS (text), email or regular mail from us, such as coupons for discounted meals, by signing up at various venues, including, but not limited to, online (for example Chosen club membership), in-store or other events, and by providing information, such as name, date of birth, and contact information, such as address, email address and mobile phone number (collectively, “Guest Provided Information”). You should not provide: your mobile phone number if you do not want to receive promotional offers by SMS (text); your email address if you do not want to receive promotional offers by email; or your address if you do not want to receive promotional offers by mail. Personalized promotional offers are based on inferences of the type of marketing that may be of interest to you. The Guest Provided Information that you have provided to us in order to receive personalized promotional offers may be combined with POS Transaction Data.
INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA CHOSENCLUB SIGN-UP.
When joining Chosenclub (through our site or in-store), you will furnish Guest Provided Information and may create login credentials. Additionally, we may use certain technologies, such as pixel tags and web beacons (for more information: http://www.networkadvertising.org/faq) to collect other information relating to your device or your activity on the website. This information may include the type of device you use, including operating system and device model, your page/screen views, network IP address, and other website information, such as manner of use, frequency and duration of usage, and errors and/or crashes. This information may be provided to or accessed by a third party analytics company, such as Google Analytics, and used to analyse trends, administer the website, identify and resolve technical issues, and improve the website/application and the overall user experience. It may also be used to create, operate, deliver and improve our products, services, and customer communications. Information gathered through the website is aggregated whenever possible to protect your privacy.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or (if you have consented for us to do so) permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods, products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods, products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or advise us by using our contact form on our “Talk to Us” page;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
Examples of how we will use this information include (but are not limited to) the following:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in MK10 postcode). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CB Ventures Limited or substantially all of its assets (relating to the business in respect of which your data has been provided or is used) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact form on our “Talk to Us” page.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
June 2016 © CB Ventures Limited
A cookie is a small file (string) of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following range of cookies from time to time:
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the principal individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
The __cfduid cookie is used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. For example, if the visitor is in a coffee shop where there are a bunch of infected machines, but the visitor’s machine is known trusted, then the cookie can override the security setting. It does not correspond to any userid in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information. Note: This cookie is strictly necessary for site security operations and can’t be turned off.
Part of Google Analytics to enhance performance
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a fixed period generally of no more than two years after your last visit to our site.
June 2016 © CB Ventures Ltd